Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Arena

This is probably going to be a disjointed post.

The Arena competition is nearing completion. Models are built and work for the most part. Now we just have to get the data and put it into the proper parts of the report. Finally, we have to make a final recommendation and write up the executive summary. It's due in approximately 26 hours.

The other Arena project is still underway and proprietary.

I have 3 reports/presentations due for one class before the end of the semester.

At least Geophysics and Keyboarding are easy. Playing the piano is relaxing.

I'm afraid that once the Arena project is done that I'm going to lose all my time management framework of mind, and I'll play video games all day. O well.

Disturbed's new song "Inside the Fire" is cool. At least in terms of vocals, rhythm, and music. The lyrics are a little foreboding. It's a song about David, the lead singer. According to interview transcripts, when he was younger his girlfriend threatened to kill herself if he broke up with her. He did so and she actually ended up killing her self. The theme of the song also speaks of the Devil telling him to do the same. Interesting, nonetheless. Link above is to Ruckus download.

I'm more philosophical at home. Perhaps it's the lack of music, lack of games, lack of work, lack of other outlets for my thoughts. Perhaps it's the presence of other philosophical people. Maybe a combination of all the above.

Is anyone really content being single? Were people in history, at the time of the Mayflower, Revolution, and so on, happy with their relationships? Obviously human experience spans generations, but the modes and speeds in which these experiences present themselves have changed drastically. One large difference that one could point to is that of arranged marriages. To have your parents ascertain the person best suited for their child before desire for a relationship event presents itself. Parents often know what's best. After all, maximize control and minimize variability, inconsistency.

Shock
Denial
Anger
Sadness
Acceptance

Since it's March Madness and all: Rebound.

As signified by the checkboxes above, I think I'm good. There stand the five stages of grief. I will admit I was definitely was looking for someone to fill the void of not having someone to call at 2am any morning if I needed to, to be completely myself around, to hug and hold, and so on and so forth. But being in a relationship is so much more than those little things. Not that the little things don't matter. "Catch the foxes for us, The little foxes that are ruining the vineyards." Ref.

Back to the topic of happiness based on relationship status. Everyone, for the most part, wants to be in a relationship. I am no different. But I've reached the point that I'm content without being so. Apparently the one month of rebound per one year of the relationship was surprisingly accurate. I don't think I have anything else to write now.

30.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, am I a philosophical one? =D

I always thought sadness came before
anger. Hm. Things make a lot more
sense knowing that anger is prior.

Anonymous said...

sorry, that was me. Blogger doesn't
recognize my username/pw for some
reason.